Monday 11 June 2018

Happy Swales

"Happy" was Hannah's way of saying she liked something, or it looked good.
 Last Fall, my brother took his kids out to the Swale by their house (and I tagged along). The Swale is a piece of the prairie inside the city limits. It's beautiful grasslands, and an insight into what our city and Province looked like before we started farming and building. It's difficult to try to capture the quiet beauty of the prairie. For some reason, something gets lost in photo's. I've only seen a few photographers and artists who can do it justice. It's not something you can drive past and go "oooh". I mean, you can definitely do that, but the best way to experience it is to walk through it. You need to pause and let yourself be quiet to see it (unless there's a thunderstorm!) I used to go for nature walks all the time with my Godmother in places like this, and I should really start setting aside time to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment