Friday 25 November 2016

Am Dog, Will Comfort

A lot of people hurt themselves by slipping on icy sidewalks. It's pretty common, and happens at least once to almost everyone in this city. I was fortunate enough to take my big spill (a few years ago) close to home, and by kind people who pulled me off the road and out of the puddle the sneaky ice was hiding in. The guy in this comic often caught the bus with me at the same time in the day, and the owner of the dog lived on my block and knew (more or less) where I lived. Even more fortunate, the Principal of my brothers elementary school saw me, pulled over, and drove me back to my house so I didn't have to hobble all the way back! The funny thing is I can remember, through closed eyes, the sound of a dogs collar jingling, then the puppy kisses, opening my eyes, recognizing the breed as a Bichon Frise and wondering if the owner got him from my old neighbours who used to breed Bichons. Don't remember everyone's name though!

No comments:

Post a Comment